Friday, February 06, 2009

an artist of the culinary kind


I have recently begun to admire a whole new form of artwork lately.  Don't get me wrong, I have always enjoyed a good cupcake.  And by a good cupcake I mean every cupcake is a good cupcake right?  Then I met Allyson.  She is a serious artist dealing in sprinkles and sugar and chocolate, oh my!  


One of the things I love about her is that look on her face while she is baking.  I mean how can something turn out poorly when you smile like that?!  One of her employees noted that she smiles each time she finishes a cupcake.  


She bakes it all from scratch.  No boxes around this place!  The cake is awesome but the frosting is insane!  She goes from vanilla to chocolate to lemon to strawberry without skipping a beat!  


This week I did a bit of photography work in the bakery.  Getting ready for Valentines day and all.  What a pleasure.  All of these cupcakes went home with me.  I will totally work for cupcakes anytime.  Well maybe not anytime.  My rear end will be as big as a house if I keep this up!  


If you are in the area check her out.  Or just drool over her web page!

5 comments:

The Mama said...

I just saw her featured in Rachel Ray today. Does she need me to work for her? That'd be awesome! Good lookin' pics.

Laurie said...

I'm with you, there are no bad cupcakes!!! Those however, look over the top spectacular! Great pictures...

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

What pretty cupcakes. YUM!

Jenn Maruska said...

It must be cupcake season - I keep seeing them everywhere, esp. blogs, even my own!

I would work for cupcakes, too!

Great photos, : D