Over the past 5 days our lives have been a veritable whirlwind. Lets start with the beginning of last week. My dear dear husband suggested making a few lap quilts for my mother in law and her soon to be husband for their wedding...the wedding was yesterday. Oh and he mentioned that a baby quilt would make a nice gift for his best friend from school who had a baby last week. So three quilts in 4 days. A trip to sarah's (my favorite fabric shop), some new Amy Butler, and a bit of Heather Ross later and we had finished quilts. Totally a record for me.
Monday, May 19, 2008
The rest of the weekend went something like this:
1. pick up sis and babe in KC
2. drive to Wichita (3 hours with 4 kids)
3. rehearsal and dinner for sunday's wedding (on thursday)
4. chalk and bubbles and whiffle ball oh my!!
6. garage sales
7. playing with babes
8. build a bear
9. lunch with my dad's twin brother
10. more babies and toddlers
11. a kansas bbq
12. beer and wine and laughing and stories
14. a walk with some boys in the family
15. a stop at the farmer's market (that's my kind of walk)
16. pinning on ceremony of my father (he is a colonel in the Air Force now)
17. bbq with the hubby's family
18. decorating the church (couldn't start until after 8 since the groom is 7th day Adventist)
19. putting together flowers for the wedding party (this wasn't over until well after midnight)
21. clean the babes (they were about over this trip by now)
22. breakfast with uncle
23. church with my dad
24. WEDDING (this wedding actually deserves a whole other post)
25. peeling Parker off of the floor in the middle of the reception - just fell asleep in the middle of everything and wasn't going to wake up for ANYTHING.
26. GO HOME
The sleep parts are a bit tongue in cheek. I don't sleep well in hotels and the nights were long and the mornings were early. I suppose I am off to start my laundry now and sort the pic from the wedding for the bride...errr...my mother in law. Sighhhhhhhhhh. I need a nap.